Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Structural mechanics kit

Last month I received an email for a "complimentary copy" of an Introduction to Structural Mechanics Simulations CD.  It comes from Comsol, a company that writes software for physical modeling.  According to the email, the contents include tutorials on simulating:

- Static linear analysis
- Thermal stress
- Fluid-structure interaction
- Fatigue analysis
- Nonlinear materials
- Multiphysics user stories
- Tour of COMSOL Multiphysics

Now, I am in no way a mechanical engineer.  One of my very first jobs was as an engineer in an aerospace firm, and yes I did do some analyses of stress levels, gear matching exercises, and other mechanical engineering 'grunt work'.  But that job also taught me that if you dig into the details, then mechanical engineering is a serious discipline.  

But, if any of you out there are interested in this, here's the website:

No comments: