Monday, May 20, 2013

Prepping for the CLD-R (part 2 of 3)


In a previous post I wrote about the tasks I undertook to refresh my Labview skills before I passed the CLD-R exam.  My first post on this topic discussed NI seminar materials.  Now I want to write about something else I focused on:

Review online help info

NI publishes a list of about a dozen items the test covers.  Of those, I found the following to be worth my time reviewing:  Events, error handling, timing, recursion, reentrancy, shared variables, and file IO.  So I went into NI's online help, bookmarked the pages relevant to that topic, and then reviewed it in detail.

For example, for timing I looked at these items:


I also went through the examples I could find online as well as the example finder in LV itself.  There was quite a bit of information available.

=====================

I'll write one more post on this topic of CLD-R review, probably in another week.  Then I'll hopefully get more current with my posts again.


No comments: