Thursday, May 8, 2008

Moving yet again

Back in January I wrote that I was moving to a new job. Well, about four months later, I'm doing it again. I start another job by the end of the month.

Supposedly the US economy is in a recession, but it hasn't hit the Boston area that hard - probably because most jobs lost have been in real estate and finance while this area is a hotbed for technology. If I had to guess, I'd say the engines of scholastic research (MIT, Harvard, UMass, Tufts, etc) combine with heavy military tech work (BAE, Raytheon, MIT Lincoln Lab) and a puritanical tradition of hard work to constantly churn up new applied science. That's partly why this will be my 4th start up company in the greater Boston area.

That, plus I'm a sucker for new tech.

Anyway, the same caveat that applied in January applies now. For the next month or so I don't expect to write much to this blog since I will be learning the new company. But after that, I'm sure I'll have more to say - I am rarely at a lack of words.

No comments: