Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Autotestcon 2007

I worked for a company for about 3.5 years that build subsystems for aerospace applications. It was about half military and half civilian. Autotestcon claims to be "the United States’ largest conference focused on automatic test systems for US military systems." I never knew anyone who went to it, but that job was over a decade ago, so I'm dated.

Anyway, this convention is happening right now & lasts until tomorrow. It's at the convention center in Baltimore's Inner Harbor (a pretty nice location). I scrolled through the list of technical sessions and was impressed by the list. I have been to trade shows where there was a lot more marketing than actual learning, but the signal to noise ratio appears to be higher for this event.

So, if there's anyone reading this that went to this show this year, or has gone in past years, let me know what you thought of the show. I'll probably write an entry sometime down the road about trade shows for testing, and I'd appreciate the input.

No comments: