Sunday, July 1, 2007

The first post

Let's get this first post out of the way.

Similar to how I felt when I created my first website a dozen years ago, I only wanted to start a blog about something I knew. I did not want a generic "read about me and what I think" creation - that's not who I am. Recently, I have accepted the fact that I am a test engineer - not a researcher doing testing because it needs to be done, not a programmer who likes technical details - a test engineer. So I googled "Test Engineer Blog" and found a handful of blogs about software testing but not much about other types of testing. I decided to try and fill the niche.

I chose Savvy as part of the title for three reasons: 1) the definition [
shrewdly informed; experienced and well-informed; canny] fits what I think a test engineer needs to be, 2) I wanted a word that would stand out without sounding pretentious, 3) Captain Jack Sparrow made the word cool again.

No comments: